Our Response to Covid19
Your Safety Is Our Top Priority
During this challenging time, the health and safety of our members, guests, and employees is our top priority.
With an average court size of 7,200 square feet, tennis naturally supports a robust level of social
distancing leaving the on court experience much the same as players are familiar with. Considering CDC guidelines, recommendations from the Indiana Department of Health, the USTA and other industry leaders, our team has created safety protocols to ensure safe play as we move through our timeline.
- All on court players, members or guests, are required to complete the IRC Covid19 waiver. Please click here to complete your waiver.
- Per IRC Policy and Marion County Health Order, masks must be worn within the Club at all times. Masks are optional for players on court.
- All on court players must have an advanced registration/reservation and must make payment in advance of arrival.
- Payment may be made through a players card on file or house charge.
- All visitors and players to IRC are encouraged to:
- Stay home if you or anyone in your household is exhibiting flu or covid19 like symptoms.
- Wash or sanitize your hands before and after play or visiting.
- Maintain social distancing (6 ft apart) from staff and other players or visitors.
- To limit the number of high contact points:
- Lobby and spectator chairs have been removed.
- Score cards and on court benches have been removed.
- Doors openings have been left open.
We will be updating this page to keep you informed about everything we’re doing to keep everyone safe and healthy.
What is your mask policy?
Since reopening, IRC has required that all persons wear a face covering over their nose and mouth within the building in all common areas. On court masks are optional.
This policy is in alignment with the Marion County Public Health Order which went in to effect on July 9, 2020. The Public Health Order may be read here.
Why am I being required to have an advanced reservation and payment?
In order to limit staff interactions and to prevent crowds in the lobby, IRC requires that all players have an advanced reservation for on court activities.
Players may regsiter or reserve their play by calling the front desk or by visiting the member portal.
Are spectators allowed?
To limit the number of persons in the building, spectators are not allowed at this time for any event.
Note: One parent per househould may accompanying a minor and may remain on the premises. Parents may also escort their child to the court and then wait in their vehicle. All IRC safety protocols must befollowed by accompanying parents.
What on court modifications have been made for court rentals?
In order to create the safest environment possible, IRC recommends that players using the following guidelines during a court rental.
- Court dividers should remain closed to remind players of social distancing and to prevent tennis balls from rolling to adjacent courts.
- Players should only play with their own racquet.
- Players should remain six (6) feet apart to maintain social distancing during breaks in play.
- Players are encouraged to play with their own tennis balls and not share a single can. Players may mark their tennis balls with their name or a symbol which denotes them. Other players may then bat the ball back to a player without touching the tennis balls.
The 24 hour court cancellation policy remains in effect.
Are you still allowing junior walk-on play?
Junior walk-on play has been modified to the following:
- Junior players may call within one hour of their desired time to play to reserve and make payment for their court.
- The walk-on rate of $5.00 will be charged per junior member walk-on.
- Play is limited to one hour or less depending on court availability.
- Play may be extended without additional charge by checking in with the front desk at the completion of the inital hour.
Are the locker rooms open?
At this time, the locker rooms remain open for the purpose of changing or using the restrooms or showering. Lockers remain closed. Players must bring their own towel for showering purposes.
How will court reservations be handled?
The following modifications have been made to court reservations:
- Advanced reservation and payment must be made prior to arrival.
- No spectators.
Is childcare currently available?
Childcare at IRC Dean Road is currently closed until further notice.
Are ball machines currently available?
Ball machines are currently available for use within a court reservation. Staff will wipe down ball machines before and after play.
Per normal policy – all players must leave a photo id or keys in order to receive a ball cart key.
Is the Fitness Center at IRC Dean open?
The Fitness Center at IRC Dean remains closed until further notice.
Are the drinking fountains open?
Drinking fountains are currently closed. Players are encouraged to bring their own water or purchase water through the Pro Shop.
Do I have to bring my own towel?
Towel service is currently suspended. Players may purchase court towels from the IRC Pro Shop.