IRC Junior Development Program – Red Ball
The IRC Junior Development Program strives to create a fun environment focusing on a strong foundation of fundamentals. This includes correct grips, technique, ball control, agility, balance, coordination and play. Players will also learn the importance of teamwork, develop self confidence and learn to love the game.
For players ages 4-7 using a modified court (36′) , racquet and tennis ball (foam or red balls) .
Four Distinct Levels of Play
Orange Ball is divided into three distinct levels of play.
- Rookie & Parent: Age 4-5 – Parents act as on-court helpers. No previous tennis experience needed for players or parents.
- Hot Shots: Age 5 – Emphasis on developing hand-eye coordination as well as send/receive skills with a ball.
- Level 1: Pre Rally – Players age 6-7 who are new to the game or have limited experience.
- Level 2: Rally – Players age 6-7 who demonstrate coachability, can maintain a 10 shot rally, and properly shadow swing.
- All play held at IRC Dean Road (8249 Dean Road, Indianapolis, IN 46240)
- Membership not required for the Rookie & Parent Program.
- Membership required after 1 session of play in any Hot shots or Level 1 group.
- Membership required for all level 2 programs.
36' Court. 2'9" Net Height.
*Red Felt or Red Foam balls.
Ages 4-5: Up to a 21" racquet.
Ages 6-7: Up to a 23" racquet.